Saturday, August 4, 2007

Nothing Like Mother



As I started my evening walk in the park, I found a little puppy following me. The poor thing was quite a sight as it kept trying to keep pace with my brisk rhythm. Its head was a bit too heavy for its tiny weak neck, constantly falling to the jogging track and tripping the rest of its clumsy little frame. Clumsy. Hmmmm clumsy…. Clumsy! A good name for this little pup.

As I walked on I tried to understand Clumsy’s fascination for me. At first I couldn’t, but then a theory started to rise like the sun over Antarctica. My heart leaped up at the possibility – maybe I smelled a little of our own dog and this pup could get a whiff of a doggy smell from me. So, it is probably confusing me with his mommy!

And it kind of made sense too.

Which is why I guess it is seen that most men fall for women who in some way remind them of their mothers. And the ladies go for mates most like their fathers.

This probably works for most of humanity as a positive natural instinct. But, hasn’t quite worked for me. This time around it’s going to be someone who is nothing like mother…